Friday, August 29, 2008

...And Then McCain Got It Wrong

Once again this is not political, I simply want to say that choosing the governor of a state in which they pay citizens to ignore the plunder of the land for vice president is not exactly 'cool'. (no pun intended) Never mind this candidate is a woman, never mind she is a mother, (once again, no pun...) never mind she has a story, (?) they are drilling everything that moves in Alaska. We don't need to continue on this course. We have to pursue alternative energy sources, not oil. I'm sorry about ranting here, I simply cannot believe that I am the only one who 'gets' this. The oil lobby is one of the most powerful in Washington, I don't think we need someone who has catered to that industry a heartbeat away from being the leader of the free world, if, that is , McCain succeeds. Please say it isn't so. We are heading in the wrong direction for sure if we send a signal such as this. Let us all in a loud voice declare that we will not pursue this kind of agenda. Alternative energy sources that include only renewable sources is the way to go. I am an engineer and I have been asked to come to Alaska to continue this bankrupt energy policy of 'drill for oil' recently. I will refuse, although I certainly could use the money. I hope that we as a people will understand that this is the way that we Americans could restore our country to the greatness that we once knew.

No comments: